Friday, November 17, 2006

Howdy!

Welcome to our (Andrew & Becky's) travel log. Dear Reader, you probably know at least one of us already, although I (Andrew) have to say that I hope some of you reading this don't actually know us personally. Don't take that as a slight - not knowing us probably means that you aren't related to us, which, as far as the readership of our blog goes, is a positive thing. Our families just aren't that big thus limiting the number of our potential readers.

I'm currently working under the assumption, however, that we're getting lots of web traffic from our families. If that is not the case, our chance of becoming the next Internet sensation (like the dancing hamsters) aren't looking good. Family and friends, I hope this isn't too much pressure, but I have to put this on your shoulders. Those hamsters are hilarious! It's a tough act to compete with... so spread the word about Green with NZ to boost our readership and watch that site meter grow!

All of which is to say "thanks" for clicking on the link that we sent you (or for stumbling here through the Internet some other way). Now, since you're apparently so easily influenced (*ahem* you are reading this post...), we suggest you visit often, spread the good word about us, and leave comments letting us know you're jealous (I recommend 'You suck'). Are you wondering why we thought it was a bright idea to quit our jobs and live like wandering hobos? Ask! Like the local newscasters say, "the answer may surprise you."*

And why should you do any of the things on that aforementioned list, dear Hypothetical Reader? I'll tell you why. In coming months, we promise to regale you with interesting stories, display pictures of our adventures in the South Seas (as soon as I learn rudimentary HTML), teach you the secrets of Driving On The Left Side Of The Road, and enlighten you on New Zealand trivia (Fact: Sheep from New Zealand can speak and can be occasionally heard to say "Four legs good, two legs baaaad"). Now I don't know about you, but that sounds pretty good to me - and it's free!

And I guarantee that we won't stop posting sometime in the middle of our journey just because we've lost interest. I don't even have to worry about that because you've already promised to leave comments, which are the blog equivalent of Ms. Pac-Man pellets. Regarding other short-lived interests I may have had, I have used the Spell of Silence on Becky, and she has no comment.

All joking and ironic posturing aside (which for me is a pretty big aside), hopefully you dig our site. If you like it, leave comments, and if not, please send the email to Becky.

* Actually, it probably won't.

No comments: