Thursday, December 28, 2006

Unemployed Hobos

I worked my last shift at the Batdorf Restaurant on Wednesday night, so my days as a near catastrophe waitress have come to an end - or at least until we need to find paid employment in New Zealand (finally, I have a marketable skill set! No thanks to you, sociology degree...). Oddly, my "near catastrophes" always occurred when waiting on family members. My mother had the pleasure of being doused in house dressing (yum... red zinfandel vinaigrette), and poor Tommy took a plate to the head (in my defense, he leaned right into it). Other than the guy with the shellfish allergy to whom I served lobster bisque, my overall record was pretty clean.

I shall now join the ranks of Andrew and the rest of the unemployed hobos. Of course, with only 9 days left before NZ Day, I'm sure we will have plenty of last minute details to take care of to keep us busy.

No comments: